Machine Learning Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Research and Analytics – Research
At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We’re seeking a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join our research team and help build out the backend analytics platform powering the most accurate real estate analytics tools in the world.
What you'll do:
- Make meaningful contributions to all phases of research including - building, scaling and pipelining models and analytics
- Collaborate with talented data scientists to research, optimize, scale and deploy to production predictive models
- Create new features leveraging text mining, computer vision and geospatial techniques for every single family residential property in US
- Develop performant and reliable distributed services to integrate core research outputs into products across the company
- Design elegant and efficient solutions that handle and expose large datasets and complex model frameworks
- Architect fault tolerant pipelines to cleanse, standardize, and process data
What you have:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Expertise in Python development
- Mastery in working with complex datasets
- Interest in implementing and improving statistical/machine learning models
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Comfort with Linux command line
- Experience with AWS
Special consideration given for:
- Expertise in R
- Knowledge of real estate markets
- Geospatial development experience
- Fantastic sense of humor
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - one platform, infinite insights.