Enterprise Engineering – Technology /
HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We are recognized on Built-in's Best Places to Work, including:
Colorado Best Places to Work
Colorado Best Midsize Companies to Work For
Colorado Best Paying Companies
SF Best Midsize Companies to Work For
We are Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces Honoree 2022
Are you ready to take your Backend Engineering skills to the next level? Join our exceptional team as a Backend Engineer and become an integral part of our cutting-edge development process. As a talented and experienced engineer with a solid foundation in Python and Django, you'll have the opportunity to maintain our current platform, develop new services, and play a crucial role in ensuring the scalability and performance of our applications. With us, you'll be empowered to showcase your expertise, work on exciting projects, and make a significant impact in a dynamic and fast-growing company. Join us today and be part of a team that thrives on innovation and the pursuit of excellence.
What you'll do:
- Write clean, efficient, and reusable code in Python/Django following best practices.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, and high-performance software.
- Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Identify and troubleshoot backend issues; optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement data storage solutions, ensuring system security and data protection.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
What you need:
- Proven work experience as a Backend Developer with Python/Django.
- Experience building applications on AWS with EC2, ECS and RDS
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- Experience with databases, RESTful API's, and server-side languages.
- Knowledge of Golang or TypeScript is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in the real estate, financial services, or similar data-intensive industry.
- Terraform and infrastructure as code
Why work for us:
- 100% Remote Work
- 100% Company-paid healthcare premiums
- Generous PTO
- 10 Company observed holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Mobile phone stipend
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- STD insurance
- LTD insurance
- Voluntary Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (medical and dependent care)
- Health Savings Account
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Corporate Discounts
- and more!
$120,000 - $165,000 a year
Target Pay Range: $120k - $165k. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. HouseCanary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).