Houseparty’s mission is to connect people in the most human way possible when they are physically apart. We believe that our greatest opportunity to improve people’s lives is to reinvent how we communicate. Houseparty empowers people to have more frequent conversations with the people they care about most, meet new friends, and have fun together.
Due to Houseparty's rapid growth, we're ready to bring on an iOS engineer. If you care deeply about user experience, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and value elegant, efficient code, then we'd love to talk to you.
You will develop the iOS Houseparty application (duh). That means:
- You'll design, debug, and everything in between
- Collaborate with company leadership and the entire product team to define, develop, and ship new features
- Bring your passion to the product roadmap by providing ideas and insights
- You'll demonstrate a personal sense of ownership through your work and with the app more generally, from user experience down to server communication
- Have shipped iOS apps. This isn’t like riding a bike!
- Have worked with Swift
- Have client-side testing experience
- Have experience with concurrency and multithreading
- Have a creative, open approach to debugging and problem-solving
- Have a data-conscious approach to development in general
- Have familiarity with common iOS APIs and libraries
- Write safe, reliable code
- Understand CS fundamentals at a BS level (algorithms, data structures, etc)
- Understand data modeling and application architecture
- Understand the current and evolving technical landscape around iOS and mobile development
- Be committed to standard engineering methodologies, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Be willing to take risks with new product features and functionality
- Be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Be prepared for diverse challenges without fear of failure
- Be passionate about crafting the future of digital communication
- Be a social person. We are a social app, we like social people.