Houseparty is a face-to-face social network.
We bring empathy to online communication. Centered around live video chat, our application brings people together with just one tap.
Social interactions are incredibly diverse in nature, and we’re building a virtual space that works for all of them. By doing so, we empower people to have meaningful conversations online, build relationships, and have fun together.
Product Management at Houseparty
Houseparty is a group video chat application built around presence, and we care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top quality multimedia experience for every one of our users.
For us, product management means thinking about behaviors and systematically questioning assumptions. We strive to understand how things work (or don’t work), and to implement those findings with elegance. If that resonates with you, then we'd love to talk.
Here are some things we look for:
- Product management experience at a B2C / technology company
- Quantitative background. This could be in the form of a math or engineering degree, prior analytics work experience, or anything else
- Excellent communication skills, writing and presenting
- Nice to have: Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs
- Nice to have: SQL experience
Here are some things you can expect:
- Work with clever, thoughtful, and kind people
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to develop product and strategy alignment
- Set up tests and experiments for new features in production
- Develop and present strategic recommendations based on your analysis of experiments to the team
What to include in your application:
- Links to any online profiles (Github, Medium, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
- Blog posts, essays, or any similar product-related writing
While this list is not exhaustive, we also don't require in-depth experience with every item mentioned. We prioritize real product experience and strong interpersonal skills.
Houseparty is a product for everyone, and we are proud to reflect that internally. We value an inclusive workplace, where people enjoy helping one another grow and accomplish goals.
From project management to team structure, we are cross-functional by design. Members of the Product Team work with every area of the organization to roadmap, experiment, and build features. We believe that teamwork promotes transparency and well-roundedness.
If our passion for crafting a better way to share time resonates with you, then we would love to review your application.