Houseparty is a face-to-face social network.
We bring empathy to online communication. Centered around live video chat, our application brings people together with just one tap.
Social interactions are incredibly diverse in nature, and we’re building a virtual space that works for all of them. By doing so, we empower people to have meaningful conversations online, build relationships, and have fun together.
Android at Houseparty
At Houseparty, we provide a group video chat application built around presence. We care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top quality multimedia experience for every one of our users, regardless of device type and connection quality.
We also provide a fundamentally new type of product, and are vigorously experimental in turning our application into the best possible version of itself.
As an Android engineer at Houseparty, you can expect to collaborate with a small team across these challenges. This includes crafting elegant and feature-rich UI that will delight our users, as well as optimizing our core layer to efficiently utilize device resources and client-server communications.
Here are some things we look for:
- A passion for the Android platform, high-quality code, and building something meaningful
- A data-conscious, iterative approach to debugging, problem-solving, and development in general
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- 3+ years experience working with Android
- Familiarity with common APIs and libraries
- Experience building dynamic, efficient Android views and layouts
- Multiple Android applications on the Play Store
What to include with your application:
- Links to apps you’ve released, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
Houseparty is a product for everyone, and we are proud to reflect that internally. We value an inclusive workplace, where people enjoy helping one another grow and accomplish goals.
From project management to team structure, we are cross-functional by design. Client engineers frequently collaborate with the Design team on UX concepts, contribute ideas to the product roadmap, and develop testable theories about user behaviors and interests. We believe that these practices promote transparency and well-roundedness.
If our passion for crafting a better way to share time resonates with you, then we would love to review your application.