Houseparty’s mission is to connect people in the most human way possible when they are physically apart. We believe that our greatest opportunity to improve people’s lives is to reinvent how we communicate. Houseparty empowers people to have more frequent conversations with the people they care about most, meet new friends, and have fun together.
Due to the rapid growth of our product, we’re ready to bring on an Android developer. If you care deeply about user experience, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and value elegant, efficient code, then we'd love to talk to you.
You will build the Android Houseparty application (duh), including:
- Design to debugging, and everything in between
- Collaboration with company leadership and the entire product team to define, design and ship new features
- Committing your ideas to the product road map
- Bringing your personal sense of pride and passion to the app every day, from user experience down to server communication
- Have shipped Android apps. This isn’t like riding a bike.
- Have deep understanding and experience with Java
- Have built dynamic and efficient Android views and layouts
- Have client-side testing experience
- Have worked with common APIs and libraries
- Have a creative approach to debugging and problem-solving
- Have a data-conscious approach to development
- Write safe and reliable code
- Understand CS fundamentals at a BS level or equivalent experience (algorithms, data structures, etc)
- Understand the current and evolving technical landscape around Android and mobile development
- Be committed to standard engineering methodologies, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Be willing to take risks with product features and functionality
- Be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Be prepared for diverse challenges without fear of failure
- Be passionate about crafting the future of digital communication
- Be a social person. We are a social app, we like social people.