Back-End Software Engineer | Data Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA, US
Engineering – Back-End
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.1 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
We are looking for a world-class software engineer to build systems that will scale with the growth of our site, the most popular home remodeling site in the world. You’ll make data easy to use for our entire team. Your tools will make it easy for our data analysts to find deep insight into user behavior. You will build scalable systems that make it easy for our team of machine learning experts to bring powerful recommendation and personalization models to production.
- Build scalable systems that process, store, and serve terabytes of data
- Optimize systems from hardware to software level
- Gather requirements and build new solutions to solve the pain points of analysts and developers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience owning complete pipelines or data stores
- Production experience with large scale distributed systems including triaging failures and performance tuning
- Proficiency in modern compiled and scripting languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with modern data technology including Hadoop, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, MPP warehouse solutions, etc.
- Self-directed, independent; amazing ability to get stuff done
- Strong understanding of algorithms, web services, and data management
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience ideally including technical lead roles
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
-Flexible paid time off
-Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
-Maternity/paternity leave program
-Employee assistance program
-401k retirement savings plan
-Flexible spending accounts
-Healthy at Houzz program
-Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.