Data Scientist | Marketplace Product
Santa Monica, CA, US /
Data & Analytics – Data & Analytics /
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a world-class Analyst to join our Marketplace Product analytics team. Our mission is to assist Houzz growth initiatives with data driven insights. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products. Critical projects will focus on data-driven insights to guide product development and business direction.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leadership, product, analytics, engineering, and operations teams to identify, define and launch strategic and operational data science initiatives to scale our marketplace business
- Relentlessly manage the key metrics (KPIs) of the business and product
- Ensure product areas are performing in line with our high expectations and be able to identify, diagnose and recommend projects to improve our performance
- Identify expansions of our business and new opportunities for investment
- Contribute directly to overall product strategy
- Identify operational efficiencies to the business that will enable scale
- Own the end-to-end execution of projects by working with a broad cross-functional team
- Measure and effectively communicate results to the entire organization
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- A B.A./B.S. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- 2 - 3 years experience with product analytics
- Strong proficiency in writing complex SQL queries such as using aggregate functions and all types of joins using Hadoop, Hive and Presto
- Experienced in experimental designing, testing, and analysis
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work independently and deliver quality results
- A passion for analytics and product development
- Experience with Statistical Modeling and/or coding with Python
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- An advanced degree in a technical field such as Statistics, Operations Research or Engineering
- Experience using Tableau
- Experience with e-commerce analytics, web/app user engagement and funnel conversion
- Ability to learn and act quickly, making decisions and drawing conclusions in the face of ambiguity
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice