Software Engineer | Growth & SEO
Palo Alto, CA, US
Engineering – Full-Stack
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.1 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow a global business spanning a multi-million product e-commerce catalog and millions of local professional profiles across 14 international sites. You will work as a full-stack software engineer across all aspects of Houzz to drive organic traffic growth, building both user facing components and underlying site frameworks and data classification. You will be challenged to devise and implement Growth/SEO strategies across all that Houzz offers - photos, industry professionals, products, stories, and discussions. You will also have the opportunity to dive deeply into data analytics to identify opportunities and understand the impact of your work.
What You'll Do
- Identify opportunities and taking ownership of projects in Growth/SEO
- A/B test features to understand the effects of projects and prioritize initiatives
- Develop solutions to improve page relevance/richness, internal linking, and indexation rules
- Develop infrastructure and features to serve the most relevant and engaging content to Houzz users
- Build internal tools to improve the productivity of the marketing team
- Work cross-functionally across other product teams to help them leverage opportunities for organic traffic growth
- Mentor junior team members in both engineering and the Growth/SEO domain
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Experience in web stack programming, from schema design to building user-facing interfaces
- Experience working on fast paced, data-driven projects
- 1+ years working experience for sites with millions of pages/users
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- A Passion for growth and/or SEO and desire to stay current on latest trends
- Experience growing organic traffic through mechanisms like: internal linking, improving crawl efficiency, improving richness of a page
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
-Flexible paid time off
-Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
-Maternity/paternity leave program
-Employee assistance program
-401k retirement savings plan
-Flexible spending accounts
-Healthy at Houzz program
-Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.