Aftermarket Sourcing Lead
Denmark - Naestved /
The Big Picture:
Howden is growing and we are therefore currently looking for an Aftermarket Sourcing Lead to join Howden Axial Fans in Naestved, Denmark.
The Aftermarket Sourcing Lead will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing sourcing strategies that will support our growth and margin expansion in the Aftermarket business.
The daily work will involve close collaboration with our Global Category Mangers and our Sourcing Hubs globally in order to develop a preferred supplier base that supports the Aftermarket business.
The Aftermarket Sourcing Lead will further more be expected to lead various continuous improvement and change initiatives that will enhance operational performance across the business.
What needs to be done?
- Lead supplier negotiations on pricing, payment terms, delivery terms, quality targets and consignment stocking policies
- Negotiate, develop and implement long-term and short-term supply agreements including price lists.
- Collaborate with our Global Category Mangers and our Sourcing Hubs globally in order to develop a preferred supplier base that supports the Aftermarket business.
- Work with the Sourcing Hubs in China and India, identify and present Low Cost Region sourcing opportunities (including business case) to senior stakeholders
- By employing a continuous improvement approach, identify opportunities to drive improvements in operational performance through the deployment of Howden Business Excellence (HBE) tools.
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with suppliers, key stakeholders and team members.
- Accountable for the Preferred Supplier list for the HAX Aftermarket team and the sourcing of new suppliers including the transition of spend from non-preferred suppliers to drive cost savings and improve advantage through rationalization.
- Where required support the implementation of Product Supply Roadmap & Product Supplier Matrix (or similar) related initiatives
- Lead periodic business reviews with key suppliers to review performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage global purchasing volume across businesses and regions
What do you need to bring?
- Degree in supply chain, business administration, finance, engineering or related discipline
- Experience from a similar role in an international environment
- Experience of working across multiple locations, understanding the constraints and working culture within them
- Experience within a project driven Engineer-To-Order (ETO) manufacturing environment
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyse and implement procurement strategies
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Accurately captures, records and communicates information
- Innovative – Challenging status quo
- Knowledge of general business processes with experience in managing projects globally
- Good communication skills at all levels, written and verbal English
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Advanced competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project & Power Point
What will you get in return?
- We offer the right candidate an interesting role within a truly global environment. As the role is newly established, it holds opportunities for the right candidate to shape and impact the scope of the position. The role comes with opportunities for both professional and personal development. Our working environment is open and friendly, with flexibility and responsibility.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.