Data Operations Engineer
About Hoxhunt in a nutshell
Hoxhunt was founded in 2016 by four visionaries. Today we are a team of over 100 amazing people advancing one of the hottest scale-up companies in the cybersecurity awareness training category, with locations in the United States, Finland and the United Kingdom. Hoxhunt is the fastest-growing software company in Finland, premiering at number 4 in the Deloitte Fast 50 rankings so we might just be the perfect choice for You!
Hoxhunt educates employees on how to protect themselves and their employers against malicious cyberattacks. Our core belief is that the best way to do this is through frequent, personalized, and behavior-changing cybersecurity training. We have been featured in CIO Magazine, Forbes, Inc., EU-Startups, and many more publications. We have also been listed as one of the 10 hottest startups to work for in 2019 and developer students’ Top 10 Dream Employer in 2021 in Finland.
We’ve created a unique twist to your standard security training and compliance technologies. Our platform is part game and part education. We’ve found the two are necessary to create a security product that people truly want to engage with.
As a Data Operations Engineer, you’ll get to help deliver a product that is at the intersection of fun, informative and user-friendly! You’ll own the success of our data platforms as part of our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team and will work closely with our Data Science team. You’ll be responsible of our data platforms, and their future to ensure we can effectively store, transfer, and derive results from the data we collect. Your work will have a major impact on our data science teams’ ability to iterate quickly and provide value to our customers.
Within the first year your work will focus and have a major impact on enabling our data science team to move faster, improve the teams’ ability to understand data quality and data flow within existing data pipelines when issues occur, help design and build the first major iteration of our self-service platform for machine learning focused data pipelines and help manage the challenges around data compliance in a global customer base. This role is a new addition to our SRE team and the work is in relatively early stages so you’ll have a major chance to impact the future direction of our data platforms and operations.
· Ability to work effectively together with our Data Science team to solve key data engineering and operations challenges
· Ability to drive data management practices for highly observable and reliable data flow
· Ability to troubleshoot incidents and drive solutions for effective recovery
· Experience with public cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform (preferred), Amazon Web Services
· Practical experience in managing and scaling reliable data services (pipelines, storage solutions, etc.)
· Practical experience in building automated workflows
· Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Python)
· Experience with Airflow and Kubernetes
· Experience with cloud native solutions for data engineering
· Experience with SQL data warehouses
· Experience with data analytics use cases
Top reasons why you should join Hoxhunt?
· Cybersecurity is a growing industry. You get to build a product that defends companies from cybercrime, help support the cyber skills training for vast amounts of everyday professionals, and make the world more cyber secure
· Since 2016, our team has grown from 4 founders to 100+ people, while our business has been recognized as the fastest growing software company in Finland, in the Deloitte Fast 50 program
· Hoxhunt’s add-on for engaging with training and reporting real threats are present on 500,000+ workstations and accounts globally
· We value professional growth, peer-support, and learning and support this in various ways
· We have a strong company culture and care for our people
· All our employees have extensive health care
· We offer fair compensation and equity option packages
· Be a part of a growing organization where you can see the immediate impact of your work
· Finally, we promise you a fun but ambitious environment with a lot of laughter
Our recruitment process for this role:
1. Phone discussion with our Talent Acquisition team (20-30 minutes, videoconference)
2. Meeting with Software Engineer (60 minutes, videoconference)
3. Homework related to your role
4. Assignment review with the team (60 minutes, videoconference)
5. Interview with Pyry Åvist, CTO and co-founder (30 minutes, videoconference)
6. Reference checks
If you are interested, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile. We look forward to speaking with you soon!