Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead
About Hoxhunt in a nutshell
Hoxhunt was founded in 2016 by four visionaries. Today we are a team of over 100 amazing people advancing one of the hottest scale-up companies in the cybersecurity awareness training category, with locations in the United States, Finland and the United Kingdom. Hoxhunt is the fastest-growing software company in Finland, premiering at number 4 in the Deloitte Fast 50 rankings so we might just be the perfect choice for You!
Hoxhunt educates employees on how to protect themselves and their employers against malicious cyberattacks. Our core belief is that the best way to do this is through frequent, personalized, and behavior-changing cybersecurity training. We have been featured in CIO Magazine, Forbes, Inc., EU-Startups, and many more publications. We have also been listed as one of the 10 hottest startups to work for in 2019 and developer students’ Top 10 Dream Employer in 2021 in Finland.
As our team is growing we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead to manage our Site Reliability Engineering team, as well as personally contribute to our DevOps automation work. Our mission is to enable Hoxhunt to secure, scale and operate technological assets at global scale. Our work ranges from building tools and libraries for other technology teams, to mentoring and consulting to provide a different perspective to operating a modern cloud native stack.
In the near future we will be looking at:
- Systematically improve our visibility into our production systems by enabling every team member to debug production issues with continued investments in to the so called three pillars of observability
- Define and implement Service Level Objectives as a key communication and decision framework with engineering teams towards whether to focus our efforts on feature or reliability related work
- Global production system deployments and storage in a relatively complex compliance environment
- Scale and improve our existing automation to enable developers to move fast and break things as safely and autonomously as possible
As a team we have so far:
- relied heavily on Kubernetes and associated Cloud Native projects. Our stack includes a lot of the items you can find on the Cloud Native Computing Foundation website.
- preferred to define everything we can in code and avoid manual configuration.
- operated like a product organization with Kanban-ish workflow.
- focused on enabling our product development teams to deliver quickly.
To succeed in the role you should:
- have a strong interest and ability to build a highly capable SRE team
- be interested in mentoring fellow engineering and support teams
- initially be interested in contributing as an individual contributor as well
- have a keen interest in modern ways of enabling product teams to build distributed systems
If you someday feel that you’d like to broaden your skillset, try other technologies or focus more on for example back-end - we have the opportunities to support you with this.
· Ability, desire and interest to scale, lead and manage a productive and happy team of SREs
· Ability to troubleshoot incidents and drive solutions for effective recovery
· Practical experience in managing and scaling reliable cloud native distributed systems
· Practical experience in building automated workflows
· Knowledge of systems engineering principles
· Experience with public cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform (preferred), Amazon Web Services or Azure
· Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Go or Python)
· Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and other modern cloud native and open source tools commonly found as part of a modern infrastructure stack
· Experience with Typescript
Top reasons why you should join Hoxhunt?
· Cybersecurity is a growing industry. You get to build a product that defends companies from cybercrime, help support the cyber skills training for vast amounts of everyday professionals, and make the world more cyber secure
· Since 2016, our team has grown from 4 founders to 100+ people, while our business has been recognized as the fastest growing software company in Finland, in the Deloitte Fast 50 program
· Hoxhunt’s add-on for engaging with training and reporting real threats are present on 500,000+ workstations and accounts globally
· We value professional growth, peer-support, and learning and support this in various ways
· We have a strong company culture and care for our people
· All our employees have extensive health care
· We offer fair compensation and equity option packages
· Be a part of a growing organization where you can see the immediate impact of your work
· Finally, we promise you a fun but ambitious environment with a lot of laughter
Our recruitment process for this role:
1. Phone discussion with our Talent Acquisition team (20-30 minutes, videoconference)
2. Interview with our current SRE team lead (60 minutes, videoconference)
3. Homework related to your role
4. Assignment review with the team (60 minutes, videoconference)
5. Interview with Pyry Åvist, CTO and co-founder (30 minutes, videoconference)
6. Reference checks
If you are interested, please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile. We look forward to speaking with you soon!