Senior Frontend Developer
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland /
About Hoxhunt in a nutshell
Hoxhunt was founded in 2016 by four founders. Today we are a team of over 80 amazing people and a scale-up company with offices in Helsinki, Finland and London, United Kingdom.
Hoxhunt is educating employees to protect themselves and their employers against malicious cyberattacks. Our core belief is that the best way to do this is through frequent, personalized, and behavior-changing cybersecurity training.
Hoxhunt has been acknowledged as one of the most innovative companies in the rapidly developing cybersecurity field. We have been featured in CIO Magazine, Forbes, Inc., EU-Startups, and many more publications. We have also been listed as one of the 10 hottest startups to work for in 2019 and developer students’ Top 10 Dream Employer in 2021 in Finland.
Join us as Senior Frontend Developer and build the next generation command dashboard used by CISOs to automate their organizations cybersecurity risk journey. You will be working with the most modern tech for creating web apps that will be used by our 200,000 users fighting cyber crime globally. You will build intuitive user interfaces that help our customers manage and customize their journey on the Hoxhunt platform. You will also improve our codebase, tooling and coach others to build maintainable and testable architectures with modern tools.
We’ve created a unique twist to your standard security training and compliance technologies. Our platform is part game and part education. We’ve found the two are necessary to create a security product that people truly want to engage with. As a Senior Frontend Developer, you’ll get to deliver a product that is at the intersection of fun, informative and user-friendly!
What we can offer to you as Senior Frontend Developer
1. Solid product to work with (users in 100+ countries globally) including super interesting possibilities within gaming and education
2. Never ending flow of latest information about cyber security field
3. Possibility to join a company that is scaling up and offers variation to your everyday work-life
4. Friendly, diverse team including members with different backgrounds
This is how our Software Engineers describe working at Hoxhunt:
Max Mikkola, Team Lead and Software Engineer
"It has been awesome to grow with Hoxhunt. From an early startup to a bustling scale up company. The road has brought about many interesting challenges, and it will bring in many more. Importantly we tackle these problems together, build the solutions together and learn from them together"
Pauliina Solanne, Software Engineer
“Hard to pick the best thing about developing software at Hoxhunt as there are so many. The team is fantastic, you get to contribute to such an amazing product and the tech stack is my absolute favourite - not to mention the great Hoxhunt spirit! I also get the space to really challenge myself and have grown so much as a developer during my years here.”
What you will need as a Senior Frontend Developer
· Experience in building and shipping software including user-friendly single-page web applications
· Ability to build solutions with appropriate architecture and design. Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems for complex web applications
· Strong knowledge of iterative, reusable and scalable frontend development practices
· Ability to collaborate with UX Designers and Product Managers to deliver magical user experiences
· Ability to collaborate with wider UX tribe at Hoxhunt to share best-practices and coach senior and junior front-end developers on their journey to mastery
· An ability to have fun while working on the hardest problems
Top reasons why you should join Hoxhunt?
· Cybersecurity is a growing industry. You get to build a product that defends companies from cybercrime, help support the cyber skills training for vast amounts of everyday professionals, and make the world more cyber secure
· We are a growing company and have successfully raised 2.5 million euros of funding for international expansion.
· Since 2016, our family has grown from 4 founders to 80+ people
· Hoxhunt’s add-on for engaging with training and reporting real threats are present on 500,000+ workstations and accounts globally
· We value professional growth, peer-support, and learning and support this in various ways
· We have a strong company culture and care for our people
· All of our employees have extensive health care
· We offer fair compensation and equity option packages
· Last but not least, we promise you a fun but ambitious environment with a lot of laughter
Our recruitment process for this role:
1. Phone discussion with our Talent Acquisition team
2. Meeting with Team leader
3. Homework related to your role
4. Team meeting and assignment review
5. Meeting with our co-founder & CTO
6. Reference checks
If you are interested, please send us your details for example: LinkedIn / GitHub link / CV / etc. We will proceed with interviews right away, so be quick.