Huntsville, AL /
Administrative - Corporate – Payroll /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We are seeking to add a Full-Time Compensation Specialist to our Corporate team at the office in Huntsville, AL. Our ideal candidate is great with people and has experience in the fields of Accounting, Payroll, and or Compensation Administration. As a company experiencing steady growth and operating in a large number of States, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and the desire to create positive change is a must!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate compensation changes with Branches and HR Department
- Administer compensation programs
- Develop and maintain a company's pay structure
- Compare pay structure to competitors
- Perform compensation analysis to determine if salaries are on par with national average
- Approve bonuses or commissions
- Collect and examine detailed information about job duties
- Ensure pay scale is fair and equitable
- Research inquiries into salary discrepancies
- Evaluate compensation agreements for LO Comp Rule Compliance
- Provide training and consultation to branch partners
- Record and distribute supportive training clips for company education.
- Ensure the firm's pay scale complies with changing laws and regulations
- Purchase and analyze salary surveys
- Approve salary for new job openings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Preferred skills
- Compensation Certification, CCP (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of compensation analysis with a heavy focus on market data analysis, research, and strong understanding of relevant jobs, leveling and labor markets
- Experience with compensation structure within the mortgage industry (preferred)
- Pay survey sources and data, and position matching/leveling
- Strong job analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels in an organization and clearly summarize findings in reports and expert opinion letters
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Access
- Highly driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of the Payroll component of ADP WorkForce Now (preferred)
- Knowledge of Compensafe Software (preferred)
We value our team members and realize the importance of benefits for you and your family.
HomeTown offers a comprehensive benefits package to include the following Benefits Available:
401k with company match
BCBS Health + Optimed GAP
Array of Voluntary Benefits to include - STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, and more!
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.