Mortgage Quality Control Analyst
Operations – Quality Control
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We're looking for key candidates to grow with us as a Mortgage Quality Control Analyst. The perfect candidate for this role will have a growth mindset, and be excited to take on new opportunities!
As a Mortgage Quality Control Analyst you will conduct monthly audits to include pre-funding, vendor management, and post-closing to support the Quality Control Underwriter at our Corporate Office in Huntsville, AL. HomeTown Lenders, Inc expects that a Quality Control Analyst will have Manual Frontline Underwriting experience to perform this job satisfactorily
Essential Job Functions:
- Audit a daily sample of prefunding mortgage files for credit, collateral, capacity, and compliance
- Ensure overall credit quality, compliance, and file completeness for the following mortgage loans: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, USDA or Private Investors.
- Analyze calculations and verifications of income & assets, and evaluations of credit reports, purchase contracts, appraisals, title commitments, and other pertinent loan documentation.
- Review external and internal audit results, and discuss feedback with team lead/manager for response
- Review and understand credit, title, appraisals, credit documents, property valuation, loan-to-value ratios, debt-to-income ratios, and compliance documents
- Stay current on all agency, state and federal guidelines, and participate in on-going training as the industry evolves
- Team-oriented mindset, and ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Manage time efficiently and prioritize workloads to meet strict deadlines while handling multiple tasks, in a self-directed manner
- Conduct all activities and interactions in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- At least 3+ years of recent experience in conventional and government underwriting and/or Quality Assurance experience within the mortgage banking industry
- Strong working knowledge of calculating and verifying income & assets, evaluating credit reports, purchase contracts, appraisals, title commitments, and other pertinent loan documentation
- Proficient with conventional and government underwriting guidelines for agencies
- In-depth knowledge of all federal, state and local compliance regulations: Truth in Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity laws, CFPB, REG Z, REG B and REG X
- Strong familiarity with the total closing function: underwriting condition to closing, closing instructions, closing procedures, and TRID
- Working knowledge of AUS systems, including Loan Prospector and Desktop Underwriter
- Experience with Encompass
- Must have manual, as well as automated, underwriting experience
- At least an Intermediate level user of Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workloads
- College Degree or equivalent work-related experience, and High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
What We Offer You!
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
Company matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.