Corporate Receptionist (Experienced)
Huntsville, AL /
Administrative - Corporate – Branch Support /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Office Receptionist at our primary location in Huntsville, AL. The Receptionist drives phone traffic in support of a high-performing, sales-driven, mortgage lending company.
As a Receptionist, you will:
- Greet visitors with excellent service
- Maintain inventory and replenish the coffee bar located at the front office space
- Promptly answer and reroute inbound calls for all Corporate Departments and branch locations
- Manage multiple calls and daily tasks, while accommodating in person requests.
- Assist with general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and collating on an as needed basis
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Use discretion when interacting with guests and employees, should HR or Compliance matters arise.
- Call center experience preferred
- Promptness and reliability
- Ethical conduct
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and mobile device applications
- Experience with multi-line phone systems (minimum of 1-2 years)
- Basic social media experience
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, hourly position. Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.