Operations – Underwriting
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, hourly position.
Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Approve or reject residential loans within prescribed authority
- Ensure loans meet applicable agency and government guidelines
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios
- Document lending decisions and complete required screens in the loan origination system
- Proficient at running, reading and interpreting automated underwriting decision results from both Desktop Originator and Loan Prospector
- Review and sign off on submitted conditions where appropriate
- Keep informed of current and acceptable practices via AllRegs and Investor websites
- Communicate loan decisions to clients/internal departments in a timely fashion
- Work closely with processing to answer specific loan questions, clarify specific conditions or documentation requested and to resolve problems
- Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with internal departments – Compliance, Processing, Closing, and Post-Closing
- Prioritize work queue to ensure post underwriting turn-times are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity and quality goals
- Provide quality control and post-closing responses in a timely manner
- FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of residential loan underwriting experience
- Experience with Encompass Loan Origination System is a major plus
- High school diploma required
- College diploma preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Company matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.