IT Help Desk Technician
Huntsville, AL /
Administrative - Corporate – IT /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We're looking for key candidates to join our team as IT Help Desk Technicians in our growing Corporate Office in Huntsville, AL!
- Serves as the initial point of contact for all technical requests received over the phone or through the help desk ticketing system
- Communicating with users to set proper expectations, keep them informed of incident progress and notifying them of changes.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and verifying the functionality of hardware and software components
- Analyzing, diagnosing, resolving and/or escalating hardware and software issues
- Documenting an inventory of assets in the asset management system
- Root cause analysis and strong analytical skills are highly desired.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as requested
- High school diploma/GED required
- Microsoft Windows operating system experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Experience in Encompass 360
- Experience providing a high level of customer service to end users
- Help Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows OS: 1 year (Required)
- G-Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Relations: 1 year (Required)
- College degree or technical certificate in computer science or a related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Microsoft Certifications (MTA, MCP, MOS) preferred, but not necessary
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) preferred, but not necessary
- CompTIA Certifications (e.g. A+, Network+)
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds to perform repairs or servicing of computers
Benefits we offer:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Variety of Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) with a Company Match!
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.