Loan Processor (copy)
Operations – Processing /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We are looking for an experienced Processor to work remote for our Ridgeland, MS branch. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all assigned mortgage loan files. They will validate all loan information and interact with borrowers, Mortgage Loan Originators, and Underwriters to ensure that loans are documented correctly.
As a Processor, you will:
- Process mortgage loan applications in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze all provided documents to determine acceptability.
- Ensure ordering of all necessary documents to complete the loan file including: title, appraisals; obtain payoffs and releases, credit reports, OFAC, flood certs, homeowners insurance, and other required documents.
- Review loan files for completeness, accuracy, and compliance standards and submit to underwriting.
- Based upon underwriting decision, finish processing for loan closing or notify the NOA department of inability to proceed.
- Maintain open and regular communication with MLO and Underwriters to provide updates on the status of files worked.
- Maintain strong knowledge of State/Federal regulations to ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- High School or GED (minimum)
- A minimum of 3 years of processing or mortgage lending experience
- Efficient in data entry with strong computer skills
- Ability to multitask, handle stressful deadlines and heavy workloads
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Promptness and reliability
- Ethical conduct
- General computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Encompass, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office, and Email
Position Type and Established Work Shift:
- This is a full-time, hourly position. Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Promptness and reliability are expected.
What We Offer You!
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
Company matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
Paid Time Off
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.