Mortgage Compliance Specialist
Huntsville, AL /
Administrative - Corporate – Compliance /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
Hometown Lenders is looking for an organized and detail-oriented individual to manage administrative aspects of the State Regulatory Compliance program. The role will interact with various state regulatory agencies and interface between the company and State Regulators on regulatory licensing, examination, and compliance matters.
- Managing the state license renewal processes, ensuring that all documents and fees are submitted in a timely fashion to ensure no lapses in licensing occur throughout the organization on an individual, branch and company level.
- Coordinating state license reporting, including preparation and submission of all renewal applications, quarterly, semi-annual, annual financial and other reports
- Maintaining a license tracking database, compliance filing calendar and reminders to ensure timely submissions occur in the 25+ states that we are licensed to do business in.
- Coordinating and liaising with multiple internal departments, outsourced service providers, and agents to source data for reporting -- a cooperative personality is key!
- Preparing and filing forms related to material change of officers, addresses, bonds, etc.;
- Receiving, directing, and tracking correspondence from state banking departments and regulatory agencies
- Receiving, directing, and tracking requests and responses related to compliance examinations by state banking departments and regulatory agencies;
- Working collaboratively with other members of the Legal, HR, & Compliance teams to provide additional resource and perspective on teams’ activities
- Assisting with special projects, and additional tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in a financial services consulting role responsible for assisting clients with state licensing and regulatory reporting (preferred);
- Experience using the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) for money transmitter licensing (preferred)
- Strong organizational ability and the drive to manage multiple, conflicting deadlines
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office + G-Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive, etc)
401k with company match
BCBS Health + Optimed GAP
Array of Voluntary Benefits to include - STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, and more!
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.