Bakersfield, CA /
Operations – Closing /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
We're looking for key candidates to grow with us as a Closer! The perfect candidate for this role will have a growth mindset, excited to take on new opportunities!
As a Closer with our company, you will bring the loan package to efficient, accurate completion in compliance with TRID. This will be completed with minimal errors, to satisfy our goal of straight to purchase. The Closer will effectively communicate with all parties involved to ensure the package is accurately completed.
- Review underwriter accuracy and obtain branch documents needed for closing package
- Confirm that necessary documents are uploaded to the investor website
- Complete efficient reviews, that include recording and resolving discrepancies from all parties involved with the loan
- Review file to confirm fees and charges accurately match the loan disclosures
- Determine that all revisions are within TRID compliance
- Verify that PTF conditions are recorded and properly communicated to the correct person
- Efficiently and accurately respond to post-closing requests by end of business day the request is received
- Ensure investor change requests are accurate and necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Prepare Closing Package:
Some Post - Closing duties will be included in this role, to include:
- High School or GED (minimum)
- 2 years of industry specific experience
- Proficiency with Encompass
- Mathematical skills
- Organizational skills for efficiently completing tasks in a time sensitive environment
- Professional phone/email communication
- Ability to handle stressful deadlines and workloads
- Experience working on several state files ( especially valued: TX, CA, NV, AZ )
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, hourly position. Employees are expected to work 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
** Position is eligible for Teleworking arrangement. Eligibility determined by experience and initial assessment **
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.