Marketing Compliance Specialist
Huntsville, AL /
Sales – Marketing /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
What You'll Do
This team member takes on the responsibility of reviewing custom marketing materials for compliance with state and federal regulations to include DAS brand standards. By using the necessary understanding of residential mortgage loans and mortgage loan products they will work with deadlines and business partners to meet requirements.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all marketing materials including, but not limited to, print, radio, and social media.
- Review a wide variety of submitted marketing materials and provide a timely and accurate response, including reasons for requested changes and suggestions where necessary.
- Interact cooperatively with internal employees, including loan officers, marketing specialists, and management to resolve compliance findings.
- Provide excellent service and ensure strong relationships with internal customers who generate marketing materials for Marketing Compliance approval.
- Per regulatory guidelines, retain all approved materials according to established DAS policies and procedures
- Support all other compliance-related assignments as required for agency/regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum 2-year residential mortgage experience and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- A strong compliance background highly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, RESPA, Section 8 and TILA. Strong research skills preferred
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, and guidelines and apply the interpretation to business processes.
- Demonstrated ability of prompt service level response time.
- Displays a positive attitude, strong planning and execution, and a solid work ethic.
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.