Huntsville, AL /
Administrative - Corporate – Accounting /
Who We Are:
Hometown Lenders, Inc. is a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We are a closely-knit, professional organization committed to providing the highest level of customer service through highly experienced loan consultants utilizing the most innovative technology available.
At Hometown Lenders, our customers deserve the very best. In order for us to provide the top-notch service that we are known for, we need a corporate office that operates smoothly and efficiently.
The Staff Accountant will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports to assist enterprise managerial standards, best practices, and compliance with various agencies.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounting transactions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial regulations
- Prepares financial reports
- Performs and reports on financial audits
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Must have outstanding customer service experience
- 2 or more years of experience in accounting and/or financial experience required
- Mid to advanced experience with Excel required
- Mid to advanced experience with GAAP
- Ability to work weekdays
- Adaptability and strong work ethic/Professionalism
- The desire for professional growth and to help us take our fast expanding business to the next level
What our employees say about us:
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Hometown Lenders for a job. Instead, I found a career."
“It’s like family – it's just a different feel here. It’s pretty cool.”
What we offer:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health
Humana Dental / Vision Insurance available
401k Company Match!
Do you have the passion and the drive to be an important part of a winning team?
Apply below and start a rewarding career!
Hometown Lenders, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.