Seattle, WA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Job Summary & Mission
Shujinko is an early-stage venture-backed startup founded by cloud security veterans who have lived the pain of security and compliance for 10+ years together. We are on a mission to change the way work is done in the cloud. To achieve our goal, we are adamant about listening to our customers' needs and working diligently to solve their pain.
We are looking for some amazing engineers to join the team. You will be on the ground floor of a revolutionary product meant to flip the security and compliance industry on its head. You will also have the ability to directly influence our product and ultimately shape an enterprise solution that will be delivered to thousands of customers. We are seeking to solve problems that have never been solved before. If you are looking for a new challenge in a vibrant startup work setting we’d love to speak with you!
What you’ll do
- Contribute to a team responsible for the availability, scalability, and performance of our product
- Design, develop, test, document and manage application and infrastructure as code continuous build, integration and deployment
- Actively participate in auditing and security processes
- An ideal candidate would be
- Self-managed, motivated, and organized
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Effective at communication
- Detail oriented
- Excellent at oral and written communication including writing technical documentation
An ideal candidate would have
- 3+ years experience with Unix/Linux Systems
- 3+ years coding/scripting experience (Python, Go, Bash, or Perl); infrastructure as code (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- 1+ year experience managing AWS environments with DevOps technologies, cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- 1+ year experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins, CircleCI or AWS Code Pipeline
- 1+ year experience managing production environments on AWS or another cloud platform utilizing scalable networking technologies such as load balancers and firewalls
- Strong experience in IT security practices or DevSecOps such as encryption, certificates, key management, patch management, or security hardening, and auditing.
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of container technologies and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want your work life to not suck! Shujinko is fully committed to making that happen. We hire people that encourage a strong and supportive company culture, have a tenacity for our mission and demonstrate a collaborative approach with a high standard for quality of work. We also encourage a flexible work schedule and sponsor multiple company events throughout the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.