UI Engineer, User Team
Product & Engineering
Human API has two parts to its mission: allow getting healthcare data from anywhere to anywhere, and to empower people to take control and manage their health care data. This is something we call consumer-centric healthcare, and as a user team engineer, you would be at the forefront of enabling users to connect and manage their healthcare data. You would be primarily responsible for our user-facing UIs, and the backend code that supports them.
Your team will own
- Our UI for helping users find and connect to their health and fitness data
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel across our customer-facing products
- Our "health wallet" for users: a UI that allows them to manage and visualize their health and data sources
- Search across our provider network: helping users locate doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other sources of health data
In a typical week, you might
- Work with a designer on a new feature that allows users to find their doctor by location
- Build a new visualization to help users understand their health over time
- Debug an intermittent IE issue
- Run an A/B test for a new search feature
- Optimize our page load time for mobile browsers
- Extensive frontend experience, particularly React
- Experience writing backend services to support UIs
- The ability to translate designs into usable products that people love
- A love of metrics and instrumentation: we love measuring things!
Bonus points for experience with
- UX and design
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.