Product Manager, Data Operations
Product & Engineering
Human API is looking for a passionate product manager with an operational bent to play a key role in evolving and expanding the internal systems supporting our platform. As the product manager for the part-human, part-machine (all-cyborg?) “learning engine” of our platform, you will manage a small team while working to define the product and features to dramatically improve workflow efficiency and streamline learning, tapping into your automation OCD and up-leveling the team to deliver higher-leverage value to the rest of the platform. You will liaise with the Product teams, Customer Success, and Sales and be the face of the Human API Connect experience for consumers. You are the glue that makes it all work and scale like it’s supposed it. You are...the Human API Data Ops Product Manager.
What You'll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of “Ops Ninjas” to support users and streamline the Human API pipeline
- Lead the development and iteration of the internal tools required to make the Ops team run efficiently & effectively
- Establish goals and report on activity metrics, using analytics & reporting tools
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to ensure operational team processes are factored into new product development plans and designs, and to integrate solutions to identify user experience issues in upcoming versions.
- Drive business operational efficiency to support a fast-growing business via process/tools creation and optimization; proactively remove and simplify processes
- Be the expert on the Human API pipeline as it relates to end-users attempting to connect their health data and the needs of the Ops team to support them
- Be the bridge between Product teams and users connecting their health data, both serving and demanding from each
- Contribute to a long term product vision, help build the roadmap
- Interact with Engineering to keep track of roadmap execution
Who You Are - Required Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a senior support or product manager role, handling a wide variety of issues and proposing feedback and solutions
- BEng or BA/BS in CS, CEng, or related field
- 3+ years SaaS experience
- Strong attention to detail and technical curiosity; inventive & savvy with a great problem-solving mind
- A real passion for providing excellent support to our end-user and fellow team members
- Belief in user validation and lean product development instead of PRDs
- Solid experience with the product development process especially with an iterative methodology such as Agile Scrum
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow
Even Better - Desired Skills
- Recent hands-on experience running or developing tools to support a Cloud or SaaS-based offering
- Prior work experience in a Voice of Customer role a plus
- Ability to integrate off-the-shelf and custom systems using APIs & scripts
- Startup experience, including working closely with founders and founding team
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.