Data Technical Lead
Product & Engineering
The mission of Human API is to be able to get health care data from anywhere, to anywhere, in as close to real-time as possible. Behind the scenes, what enables this is a ML pipeline for extracting and normalizing concepts from the world's mess of structured and unstructured health data. As a Data Technical Lead, you will be responsible for design, management and development of our core platform. We are looking for someone who can lead a team and who can excel in the development and execution of our data strategy.
Your team will own
- Defining and iterating on data technical architecture
- Working closely with Machine Learning Engineers to add new ML services to our data pipeline
- Modeling data from thousands of health data sources so it can be efficiently stored and queried
- Improving our parsing and extraction technology
In a typical week, you might
- Prototype a new clinical data type to be added to our API
- Mentor your peers
- Consult on data security, data design, and data scalability to product engineering teams
- Debug performance issues with our data pipeline
- Collaborate with partners across the company to assess data needs and prioritize accordingly
- Improve our parsers to extract new data types from incoming clinical data
- Give tech talks and demos on the newest capabilities and enhancements to the system to drive adoption of data tools.
- Curiosity and vision. You have a passion for technology and can think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software
- Experience building large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines
- Strong technical chops -- 5+ years engineering experience, 2+ years working with data in the cloud
- Desire to mentor your peers and be a thought leader for the team
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Capacity to seamlessly balance the engineering, project management, and the architectural design of our Data Platform
Bonus points for experience with
- Message queues such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- MongoDB or Cassandra
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Apply today.