Data Engineering Lead
Product & Engineering
The mission of Human API is to be able to get health care data from anywhere, to anywhere, in as close to realtime as possible. Behind the scenes, what enables this is an ML pipeline for extracting and normalizing concepts from the world's mess of structured and unstructured health data. As the Data Engineering Lead, you'd be responsible for a great deal of this pipeline: from our parsers to modelling this data so it can be efficiently served up via our API.
Your team will own
- Improving our parsing and extraction technology
- Working closely with Machine Learning Engineers to add new ML services to our data pipeline
- Modelling data from clinical and wearable sources so it can be efficiently stored and queried
In a typical week, you might
- Prototye a new clinical data type to be added to our API
- Debug performance issues with our data pipeline
- Improve our parsers to extract new data types from incoming clinical data
- Do some data engineering work to import a new clinical dataset into our internal ontology
- Experience working with data pipelines, and an appreciation for asynchronous message-passing systems
- Experience with writing internal APIs
- Comfortable modelling data to be stored efficiently in databases
- Data engineering experience: you're comfortable massaging and cleaning up datasets for loading
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- You value things that make operating a system easier: monitoring, metrics and observability
Bonus points for experience with
- Message queues such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- MongoDB or Cassandra
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.