Solution Sales Engineer
You are a product evangelist that loves getting in front of customers, understanding their challenges and designing solutions. You have a passion for solving healthcare problems and understanding the healthcare industry. You can translate technical capabilities and communicate them in sales meetings through compelling product demonstrations and customer examples. The Solution Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting Human API sales engagements with product expertise, product demonstrations, pricing and proposal development. This is a client-facing role, with direct involvement in the complex sales process, requiring close collaboration with Sales leadership and Product Management. The Solution Sales Engineer will be expected to communicate the value of Human API, navigate competitive comparisons, present the product roadmap, demonstrate Human API product capabilities, and convert sales activity into quality proposals and product implementations. This is a perfect role for a Product Manager - type who excels in front of clients and enjoys selling.
What You'll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Support Human API sales initiatives with product expertise, customer knowledge and digital healthcare technology experience
- Develop product demonstration scripts, presentation materials, and live product prototypes to support sales engagements
- Deliver in person and web-based presentations of Human API for healthcare, insurance, biopharma and digital healthcare enterprise clients
- Support sales team with industry expertise, competitor analysis, pricing strategy, proposal development and navigation of complex sales process
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing leadership to understand latest product capabilities, roadmap, and messaging
- Partner with Sales leadership to prioritize sales support resources and manage sales presentation schedules to support the sales pipeline
- Attend industry conferences, tradeshows and channel partner events, representing Human API and gaining industry knowledge
- Create customized ROI analysis and value presentations to support the sales process for large complex healthcare Provider clients
Who You Are - Required Skills
- Experience with client-facing Sales Engineering or Product Management for complex software products in the healthcare market
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of healthcare market dynamics, competitive landscape, technology vendors and healthcare data flow.
- This is a commercial role that requires an individual who can apply his/her technical expertise to promote the value of Human API to executive and technical buyers. Natural sales skills, strategic thinking, and an entrepreneurial drive are critical for success in this position.
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real-time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.