Product Manager, Data
Product & Engineering
Human API is looking for a cool data nerd/product manager/unicorn that wants to make the world a healthier place. If you thrive trying to solve hard problems like “what is the optimal ontology to enable the world to harness their health data?” and “what data elements can we gather to power an inference model to predict diabetes?” then you might just love this opportunity. You will consult with large Health Providers and small, nimble health tech startups alike to understand how to manipulate and deliver data that ultimately leads to health insights for the masses. You will work with brilliant data scientists teetering on the bleeding edge of machine learning to define the product and features to truly harness the expanding universe of health data that currently lies dormant & useless, locked away in island prisons of EHR systems and new IoT devices. You are both very technical and also customer-focused, and walk that tightrope with your eyes ahead to a brighter, healthier future. You are...the Human API Data Product Manager.
What You'll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Full vertical-stack Product Management duties; from strategy to schemas, from personas to API specs. You will do it all.
- Continually speaking with customers & prospects to validate features & roadmap and understand pain & opportunities.
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across Batch and Streaming data processing platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies.
- Work with Engineering to prioritize and define evolving ontology, data enrichment techniques, & inference models.
- Embody the best practices of lean product development.
- Visionary thinking contrasted with attention to detail.
- Ruthless focus on execution.
- Ability to excel in a world of shades of grey.
Who You Are - Required Skills
- 2+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities for analytics or big data-related products
- BEng or BA/BS in CS, CEng, or related field
- 4+ years SaaS & big data experience
- Experience working with data, data warehousing & BI.
- Understanding & experience with database, analytics, ETL, & big data technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience integrating with external data sources and APIs
- Belief in user validation and lean product development instead of PRDs
- Solid experience with the product development process especially with an iterative methodology such as Agile Scrum
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow
Even Better - Desired Skills
- Experience building and selling products in the healthcare and/or enterprise space
- Knowledge of AWS Data Stack using S3, EMR, Data Pipeline.
- Experience in NOSQL databases such as HBASE or Cassandra.
- Ability to program using SQL, R, & Python.
- Experience with machine learning technologies
- Recent hands-on experience running or developing a Cloud or SaaS-based offering, ideally targeted at enterprises or healthcare
- Startup experience, including working closely with founders and founding team
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.