This position is for people who think DevOps is more than a buzzword.
You must be comfortable building internal deployment tooling one day, debugging a tricky performance issue the next day, and automating our infrastructure the day after that. You understand the pain of running a large scale system, and why striving for simplicity is important. You monitor. You measure. You sweat the details. You have strongly held opinions about config management.
Your team will own
- Site reliability engineering: You will make sure our core infrastructure systems are humming along nicely.
- Managing our Docker and Mesos infrastructure
- Scaling and managing our data pipelines which includes Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- DevOps reliability - making our continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms even better
- Developing and managing our alerting and monitoring platforms
- Developing internal tooling to make our engineers (and you) more efficient
- A strong Unix (ideally not just Linux) background
- Experience with databases - ideally more than one, and running a new(ish) key-value or document store (Mongo, Riak, Cassandra, and so on) is a strong plus
- Debugging experience, particularly in diagnosing performance issues
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools, and an understanding why they’re important
- Experience running a large-ish distributed system: you have felt the pain of running an SOA / microservice architecture
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and desire for self-improvement
Bonus points for
- C or C++ experience
- AWS experience
- Experience with configuration management tools, particularly Ansible
- An understanding of CAP theorem and a familiarity with consensus algorithms
- An understanding of Event-Sourcing / CQRS architectures
- Experience with blameless post-mortems
At Human API, we are opening up the world of health data for the next generation of healthcare applications.
We’ve built the first real-time network for health data, making health data accessible and actionable for companies building valuable applications and experiences with it. By enabling health data liquidity, we are powering a more effective, personal and responsive healthcare system.
Human API is powering over 10,000 applications in 40 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, and AXA. The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz and BlueRun Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.