Product & Engineering
Join a highly skilled team of engineers with a mix of deep experience in Systems Engineering and Enterprise-grade products. We have a great culture with a focus on self-improvement, collaboration and trying to reach our potential as a high performing team. Last but not least, we have difficult problems to solve in auto-scaling, deployment, and fast-growing capacity needs. This is a challenging role that will have a big impact on Human API’s success.
Your team will own
- Site reliability engineering: You will make sure our core infrastructure systems are humming along nicely.
- Architect, develop and maintain scaling systems to deploy high performance products at Human API.
- Managing our Docker infrastructure.
- Scaling and managing our data pipelines which includes Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch and MongoDB.
- DevOps reliability - making our continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms even better.
- Developing and managing our alerting and monitoring platforms.
- Developing internal tooling to make our engineers (and you) more efficient.
- Draw on your experience to research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for a wide variety of system administration tasks.
- Create and implement rapid response procedures, and also creatively build permanent solutions to mitigate and avoid future failures.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, testing, and system maintenance.
- Maintain your cutting-edge skill set by constantly introducing industry innovations into our technology stack.
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and desire for self-improvement.
- You have the desire and capacity to quickly master any tool, programming language or technology that will drive you and your team to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of experience deploying scalable, low-latency, and highly available distributed systems.
- BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience and skills with AWS Management Infrastructure and Tools (EC2, Lambda, RDS etc.) and Programming (Python and JS).
- A strong Unix (ideally not just Linux) background.
- Experience with databases - ideally more than one, and running a key-value or document store (Mongo, Riak, Cassandra, and so on) is a strong plus.
- Proven success record deploying and refreshing a wide variety of complex compute, database, storage, and Web environments.
- Debugging experience, particularly in diagnosing performance issues.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools, and an understanding why they’re important.
- Experience running a distributed system: you have felt the pain of running an SOA / microservice architecture.
- Expert understanding of networking, distributed system design, DevOps concepts, disaster recovery, data/system replication, and databases.
- Experience securing and hardening systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools, particularly Ansible.
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Apply today.