Product & Engineering
This position is for people who think DevOps is more than a buzzword.
You must be comfortable building internal deployment tooling one day, debugging a tricky performance issue the next day, and automating our infrastructure the day after that. You understand the pain of running a large scale system, and why striving for simplicity is important. You monitor. You measure. You sweat the details. You have strongly held opinions about config management.
Your team will own
- Site reliability engineering: You will make sure our core infrastructure systems are humming along nicely.
- Managing our Docker and Mesos infrastructure
- Scaling and managing our data pipelines which includes Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- DevOps reliability - making our continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms even better
- Developing and managing our alerting and monitoring platforms
- Developing internal tooling to make our engineers (and you) more efficient
- A strong Unix (ideally not just Linux) background
- Experience with databases - ideally more than one, and running a key-value or document store (Mongo, Riak, Cassandra, and so on) is a strong plus
- Debugging experience, particularly in diagnosing performance issues
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools, and an understanding why they’re important
- Experience running a distributed system: you have felt the pain of running an SOA / microservice architecture
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and desire for self-improvement
Bonus points for
- AWS experience
- Experience securing and hardening systems
- Experience with configuration management tools, particularly Ansible
- An understanding of CAP theorem and a familiarity with consensus algorithms
- Experience with blameless post-mortems
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.