Product & Engineering
At Human API, we are fanatical about product design. We're looking for a smart, creative, and passionate "full-stack" product design professional to join our growing team. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We are looking for exceptional designers who can deliver world-class user experiences through a combination of talent & validation; someone who can empathize with a wide spectrum of personas and modulate the product experience accordingly. You will need to conceptualize, design, and test new features as well as re-imagine and refactor old ones. UX/UI designers work with customers first, and secondly engineers, product management, and customer success to determine design requirements, create mockups, and provide feedback to constantly improve our product. Through research and usability testing you will develop a deep empathy for our customers/users, and armed with this insight you will work in tandem with Product Managers & Engineers to see improvements through from concept to launch, and beyond.
What You'll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Be a thoughtful, creative and user-centric designer, designing the core product experiences
- Provide creative direction to the company and our products
- Lead user research activities
- Create and lead usability tests
- Produces pixel-perfect visual design artifacts
- Work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, and others in the company to get designs implemented
- Develop design guidelines, style guide, best practices and templates
- Work with others to critique and improve the design of our products
Who You Are - Required Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in designing consumer or enterprise internet products
- Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, computer science, or a related field
- Proficiency with visual design tools such as Sketch and/or the Adobe Creative Suite
- Intimate familiarity with Design Thinking and Lean UX methodologies
- Strong experience engaging with customers to validate designs, run user tests, design A/B tests, etc.
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your design work
- Can articulate the reasoning behind your design decisions
- Can think through user problems while understanding technical constraints
- Have an impeccable sense of design
- Ability to write HTML and CSS
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
Even Better - Desired Skills
- Experience bringing data to life using visualizations and interactive reporting
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in Redwood City, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.