Business Development, Life Insurance Market
You’re a business development executive that understands the life insurance market. You have a strong understanding of insure-tech trends and experience selling data/technology products to support life insurance underwriting. You thrive working on large enterprise deals and forming strategic partnerships with leading life insurance carriers, distribution channels and new insurance technology vendors. You are excited to be at the forefront of the paradigm shift to a more consumer-centric engagement model, leveraging digital EHR data to transform the life insurance business model.
Apply here to learn more about the Human API story and how health data liquidity is bringing a new wave of innovation to life insurance and other segments of the insurance and healthcare ecosystem.
What You'll Do - Role & Responsibilities
- Create new business relationships with large life insurance carriers across the US
- Understand customer business goals, strategies & initiatives, and establish Human API as a “must-have” technology for Enterprise prospects
- Present the value proposition of the Human API consumer-centric data network and manage a consultative sales process from project scoping to contract signature
- Leverage your understanding of the life insurance ecosystem and the underwriting process to build credibility and trust with executives at life insurance carriers
- Negotiate business terms, pricing and legal contracts with insurance executives and manage the complex sales process for large multi-million, multi-year deals
- Participate in product planning, marketing strategy, competitive analysis, sales forecasting and company positioning to drive the strategic direction of a rapidly growing healthcare technology company.
Who You Are - Required Skills
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience in the life insurance market, with a track record of overachievement selling a technology/software product
- Deep understanding of the life insurance industry, with specific experience in one or more of the following markets:
- - Life insurance underwriting and actuarial science
- - Medical evidence and EHR data
- - Life insurance distribution and BGA market
- - InsureTech innovation and digital distribution/direct-to-consumer
- Ability to navigate large enterprise organizations and establish rapport and credibility with broad set of influencers and executives
- Experience selling Software-As-A-Service or Data product offerings to business and IT decision makers preferred
- Familiarity with enterprise selling best-practices, including Marketing Automation, CRM, and sales forecasting techniques
- Entrepreneurial drive to impact the strategic direction of a rapidly growing healthcare technology company
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 250 million U.S. lives and includes clinical data from hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.