Principal Software Engineer - API Development
Product & Engineering
The mission of Human API is to be able to get health care data from anywhere, to anywhere, in as close to realtime as possible. As a data networking engineer, you will help own the "get from anywhere" portion. This is backend engineering at its best: you'll be in charge of our data ingestion and storage system, with an emphasis on reliability and observability.
Your team will own
- Building and scaling integrations with thousands of data sources
- Deliver end-to-end solutions with a focus on hitting delivery milestones.
- Figuring out smarter ways of building integrations, rather than just throwing more code at the problem
- The reliability of our network: proactively detecting issues or outages, communicating them and remedying them
- Mapping out the world's healthcare data: determining where it lives, and how to get it
In a typical week, you might do one of the following
- Collaborate with the members of product management, UX and other teams to identify requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Improve our internal ingestion and storage pipeline
- Strong experience with writing internal APIs and backend services
- Experience integrating 3rd-party services or APIs
- You value things that make operating a system easier: monitoring, metrics and observability
- You aren’t afraid to tell us what we're doing right and what areas we can improve on.
Bonus points for
- Experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- node.js experience
- MongoDB experience
- Redis experience
At Human API, our mission is to create health data liquidity through consumer empowerment. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first real time health data network.
We help organizations collect, and make sense of, health data on their consumers. Our network reach is 200 million U.S. lives and includes hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, labs, mobile applications, and devices. Human API is a data platform that delivers a comprehensive, longitudinal view of a consumer’s health in real-time. We empower our current customer base, of Fortune 500 companies, with the normalized clinical data they need to build the next generation of products. Human API currently powers products for life insurance underwriting, health insurance clinical analytics, pharmaceutical clinical trial recruitment, and a variety of other digital health products and platforms.
We are headquartered in San Mateo, California and venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Blue Run Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Apply today.