Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
- You have experience building consumer products.
- You are passionate, inspired and creative.
- You are familiar with multiple product and project development disciplines and dependencies and how they interact.
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount.
- You are able to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly.
- Own the design and development of custom, highly integrated, optical modules, and new technologies using 3D CAD and rapid prototyping.
- Collaborate with our Hardware team and Lead physicist on designing high precision optics, sensors, and electronics
- Work with world-class vendors to develop scalable manufacturing and alignment processes for optical modules
- Lead the development of mechanical, reliability, and optical test requirements to guarantee incredible user experiences
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment.
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in.
- Work in the heart of San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain.
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors.
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries.
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
- Grow your career and do the best work of your life.
- Experienced (>5 years) mechanical design engineer who loves working on highly creative, fast-paced, and collaborative teams alongside Hardware Engineers, Physicists, and UX Designers
- Experience using 3D CAD (NX Preferred) to design high precision optical modules, flex circuits for consumer electronic products.
- Experience generating 2D Drawings (using GD&T) to control precision tolerances, and performing statistical analysis to gain insights on manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to build prototypes quickly and effectively to evaluate design concepts
- Able to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics, MS a plus
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.