San Francisco, CA /
The design team at Humane is hiring for the role of Industrial Designer.
Humane is a San Francisco-based technology start-up founded on the values of trust, truth and joy. We believe in building innovative technology that feels familiar, natural, and human.
Our design team is multidimensional and adventurous, with a finely tuned sense of craftsmanship. We are here to design and build transformative products that will put people back in touch with themselves and with each other. We work closely with world-class vendors to identify and develop new materials, finishes, and manufacturing techniques.
We seek an industrial designer who can imagine, draw, shape, render, model and form category-defining products. Though this is a physical product design focused role, the ideal candidate values all aspects of the user experience well beyond the physical.
- Curious, inquisitive and discerning.
- Appreciative of details and pushing the limits of possibility.
- Open to the dialogue between form and function.
- A leader and collaborator with equal parts passion and empathy.
- Best in environments that require balancing a brand point of view with user needs.
- Understand the balance between the way things look and the way they work.
- Passionate about user interaction design.
- Committed to delivering extraordinary experiences.
- Dedicated to your craft and dogged in your pursuit of knowledge.
All of these amazing qualities need a core foundation on which to thrive. You will bring the following:
- A thorough understanding of bringing a product from 0-1. Experience working with engineers is highly desirable.
- Strong sketching and hands-on prototyping skills.
- Strong 3D Surface Modeling in one of the following: Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, or Siemens NX.
- Also, excellent 3D Product Rendering in one of the following: Keyshot, 3DS Max, or Maya.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves.
A few nice-to-haves would be:
- An understanding of materials, fabrics, finishing and process with a great sense of color.
- You have experience with software or digital user experience design.
Please send us your portfolio, resume, and a little about yourself. Your portfolio ideally shows a mix of hardware, software, packaging, soft goods, materials, finishes, colors, renders, and ideations. Projects shipped or not (and only what you are able to share publicly). We would like to know about your philosophy, how you think and your process (or, what you wish was your process). We are interested in your approach and ideas around user experience and the present/future of design.
Thank you for your interest in Humane. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.