San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Software Engineering team is responsible for developing the unique interactions and applications required for a new class of device. We work closely with internal teams up and down the stack, from our Hardware Engineering and System Software teams to our Cloud Services team, enabling first-of-their-kind experiences for our reimagining of what a computing platform can be. We’re creating intuitive, reliable, and highly performant interactions that are truly transformative. If that interests you, we'd love to hear from you!
What You Might Do
- Collaborate closely with our design team to bring interactions to life
- Drive tasks independently, solve challenging problems, and communicate issues and needs clearly
- Work with our cloud services team to enable innovative, complex, and performant service interactions
- Integrate third-party services and frameworks
- Leverage machine learning and computer vision frameworks
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
Skills We Seek
- Strong communication skills and highly collaborative
- Experience iterating quickly to enable the company to play, explore, adapt, and re-work along the way
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of engineering best practices
- Experience with developing software for mobile devices
- Experience interfacing with network-dependent services
- Familiarity with computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Headquarters in San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Grow your career and do the best work of your life
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.