Berlin, Germany (UTC-1 to UTC+3) /
We are looking to hire remote principal engineers as individual contributors to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Humanitec. You should have significant professional experience in building highly scalable distributed systems. CS degree and experience in dev productivity tools are a plus. Languages: predominantly Go. Everything is on Kubernetes. We pay top 5% in the market, stocks are part of the package. Work is fully remote and we work exclusively with senior engineers in small, lean, and self-organized teams. We currently prefer time-zones UTC-1 to UTC+3.
Humanitec is a pre-series A company building the next generation of developer tooling, called Internal Developer Platforms (IDPs). For many years, top-tier companies such as Spotify, Github, and Airbnb have built their own IDPs to simplify their developers’ experience, allowing them to self-serve environments, deployments, and infrastructure independently. Humanitec is bringing self-service to companies that lack the resources to build their own IDPs, helping development teams unlock the huge potential to be able to spend time shipping features rather than on internal operations.
The majority of our company are engineers. Our management team is made up of Ex-Google, Ex-McKinsey, and serial entrepreneurs. We are backed and advised by a team of experts with 50+ years of experience at companies such as Oracle, Redhat, New Relic, IBM, Github, Microsoft, and Contentful.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of software development experience.
- Software development experience in C/C++, C#, Java, Python, Go, or similar.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, architecting/developing distributed systems, API design, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with how DevOps tools work under the hood (CI pipelines, Terraform, Application Performance Management (e.g. DataDog), etc.).
- Remote & work from a timezone UTC-1 to UTC+3 (Berlin time +/- 2 hours).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Build our platforms, systems, and infrastructure using your background in distributed systems, API design, and Kubernetes.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.