Director of Product Management
New York, NY /
Product – Product /
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. Additionally, this team is encouraged to participate in R&D Research Friday - a designated half day each week dedicated to trying new ideas and personal career development. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
What you'll do:
- Own the strategy, execution, and roadmap for the Account Defender product
- Supervise a team of technical product managers, guide and mentor them as they handle the day to day requirement building
- Work with Go-to-market stakeholders to meet and exceed revenue and growth targets
- Engage with customers to understand their pain points and build empathy with their product journey and needs, handle escalations, and understand future directions to create new value
- Work directly with sales to drive sales, and act as a subject matter resource
- Be the product subject matter expert for the company for Account Fraud and Account Take-Over
- Dive into data and understand usage patterns and fraud challenges
- Coordinate between different teams, and work with senior management to plan strategy and move forward strategic initiative
- Be the “single pane of glass” for the company on the current situation with the product, customers, sales processes for the product, pipeline and the health of the business
Who you are:
- Experienced product leader, with track record of working on early stage products in dynamic environments and growing them to maturity and strong growth
- Strategic thinker who can develop a vision for future directions, while still being able to understand the technical details, challenge other stakeholders, and drive day to day execution
- Fast learner who can become an industry expert quickly and provide thought leadership
- Flexible thinker who can change opinions and pivot quickly to take advantage of new information or sudden opportunities
- Independent and self-sufficient - drive execution through self initiative without guidance
- Capable of exerting influence through communication and convincing without resorting to arguments from authority
- Driven, ambitious, hungry to learn and to develop. Humble and curious
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experienced with at least one of the following: B2B2C cybersecurity, UEBA, or online web fraud detection.
- Willingness to dive into the data and details, and become an expert able to offer guidance from a position of knowledge
- Strong point-of-view on future directions. Drive change - don’t facilitate it!
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, R2D2 days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $165,000-$180,000, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.