San Francisco, CA /
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
As the first sales hire at Hummingbird, you will play a leading role as we build a world-class sales practice. You will work directly with our CEO and have the opportunity to build relationships with leading financial institutions and FinTechs around the world. You will be responsible for hands-on sales work, but will have opportunities to coach and manage team members as our company grows. You will help us define the strategies and practices that bring our products to market.
We want to build a positive and helpful sales culture at Hummingbird. Our product is a big decision for our customers, and we want to avoid creating a high-pressure or transactional sales process. Our prospects are a tightly knit network, and we strive to be consultative and build long-term relationships with them.
What you'll do
- Develop strategies and practices that help our customers navigate the sales process.
- Identify, contact, and close deals with potential customers for Hummingbird in the financial industry.
- Build positive and long-term relationships with prospects, even when they don’t currently have an active opportunity or after we lose a deal.
- Help us hire and build an A+ sales team.
- Build our knowledge about companies and relationships in the industry using CRM, networking, research, and other information sources.
- Create presentations and resources that help prospects through the purchase decision.
- Ensure a smooth transition of customer relationships to our Customer Success team.
- Foster a friendly and helpful sales culture at Hummingbird as we grow.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the financial industry or related enterprise cloud sales.
- Proven ability to independently identify, develop, and close new customer relationships.
- Experience with solution-based and account-based selling techniques in a complex sales process with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter with great organization skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- (Bonus) 1-2 years of experience managing a team of sales professionals.
We're building the first product in Financial Compliance that people love using. Creating that joy is only partly achievable through product features – the rest comes from building positive relationships based on listening and empathy with our customers and prospects.