Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, and expect you to do the same. We challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You will begin as an individual contributor at Hummingbird. As our engineering team grows, we will have advancement opportunities in both management and individual roles.
What you’re looking for:
- Work with a small, passionate team. Share your ideas and thoughts on prioritization for our company and product.
- Translate product ideas into polished features.
- Seek feedback and work directly with customers to learn their needs.
- Seek out and evaluate new libraries and vendors that compliment our technology.
- Recruit, interview, and mentor new engineers to help grow the team.
- Work with your team to shape the culture of the Hummingbird engineering to be productive, inclusive, and welcoming.
What we’re looking for:
- You love building web applications and want to work on something meaningful.
- You sail through ambiguity and like discussing product ideas.
- Iteration is part of the fun. You’re not married to specific ideas or solutions.
- Design is important to you,
- You want your impact to go beyond the lines of code you write.
- Safety first. You care about quality, testing, and security.
- You like digging deeply into new technologies, new domains, or new ideas.
- You want to build something exceptionally valuable and have real impact on the world. You're excited to get your hands dirty in pursuit of that goal.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications, preferably with some startup experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS, Heroku
- PostgreSQL, Redis
If this is a problem that interests you, we would love to hear from you.
If you’re a technical person with a background in law enforcement, financial investigations, cyber crimes, or data security, even if you’re not looking for a job, we’d love to buy you coffee and chat.