Account Executive (East & Central Regions)
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels. We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
It’s an exciting time at Hummingbird, since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions with trillions in assets under management, as well as tech-savvy trailblazers like Stripe, Brex, Evolve Bank, and Etsy orchestrate their compliance programs. After all the success and our recent $8.2M Series A funding round, we’re looking to scale the sales team to target greenfield accounts and expand existing clients. Reporting to the VP of Sales, you’ll be joining as one of our first sales hires as we build a leading go-to-market team. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with the top financial institutions and FinTechs around the world. You will be responsible for landing and expanding clients and have opportunities to further your career as our company grows.
We want to build a positive and helpful sales culture at Hummingbird. Our product is a big decision for our customers, and we want to avoid creating a high-pressure or transactional sales process. Our prospects are a tightly knit network, and we strive to be consultative and build long-term relationships with them.
What you're looking to do:
- Present and demonstrate the value of our platform to pre-qualified leads.
- Identify, contact, and close deals with potential customers for Hummingbird in the financial industry.
- Create account plans and develop strategies to meet and achieve overall sales quota.
- Maintain CRM with prospecting activity and forecasting within your territory.
- Build positive and long-term relationships with prospects at all stages of the sales cycle.
- Represent Hummingbird at industry events and tradeshows (virtual & in-person).
- Build our knowledge about companies and relationships in the industry using CRM, networking, research, and other information sources.
- Create presentations and resources that help prospects through the purchase decision.
- Ensure a smooth transition of customer relationships to our Customer Success team.
- Foster a friendly and helpful sales culture at Hummingbird as we grow.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of sales experience in the financial industry or related enterprise SaaS sales.
- Proven ability to independently identify, develop, and close new customer relationships.
- Experience with solution-based and account-based selling techniques in a complex sales process with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter with great organization skills and a positive attitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Ability to work on Central or Eastern time zone hours.
- (Bonus) Experience in risk, compliance, security, or Finance / FinTech.
We're building the first product in Financial Compliance that people love using. Creating that joy is only partly achievable through product features – the rest comes from building positive relationships based on listening and empathy with our customers and prospects.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.