Technical Customer Success Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
It’s an exciting time at Hummingbird! Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions with trillions in assets under management, as well as tech-savvy trailblazers like Stripe, Brex, Evolve Bank, and Etsy orchestrate their compliance programs. After all the success and our recent $8.2M Series A funding round, we’re scaling our Customer Success team to deliver a world-class customer experience to financial crime fighters. Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, you’ll be joining as one of our earliest Customer Success hires as we build a leading go-to-market team.
You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the top financial institutions and FinTechs around the world. Our team takes a consultative approach that requires collaboration across our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams. We’re looking for candidates with a unique blend of customer empathy, technical proficiency, and top-notch execution.
What you'll do
- Facilitate the adoption, optimization, and integration of Hummingbird with our customers’ related systems and data sources.
- Work cross-functionally to drive integration, deployment, training, and adoption of the Hummingbird platform.
- Evangelize new product features & provide customer feedback to Hummingbird’s Product team.
- Coordinate support responses to customer issues.
- Adapt quickly to product changes and limitations, helping customers find solutions and adaptations that work for them.
- Engage regularly with customers via operational and strategic reviews to evaluate their needs and see how we can be most helpful.
- Contribute to Customer Success playbooks and resources. Help develop tech-enabled processes for common customer needs.
- Partner with Hummingbird’s Sales team to identify revenue opportunities through upsells and contract renewals.
- 3+ years demonstrated success in a dynamic, cross-functional, customer-facing role (SaaS preferred).
- Ability to explain technical solutions, establish goals, develop opportunities, and provide reporting/dashboards to identify trends and improve the customer experience.
- A love of data and spreadsheets, high quality technical resources, and web-based SaaS applications.
- A passion for solving business problems with creativity, empathy, and pragmatism.
- Demonstrated ability managing onboarding and deployment processes that involve APIs and business processes.
- Familiarity with APIs and programming/scripting tools such as Python, Postman, or similar resources.
- Bachelor's degree (bonus if in a technical field)
- You pride yourself on being a product expert. Family & friends probably ask you for tech support when you get together.
- You love technology and feel confident in most technical conversations.
- You are comfortable asking detailed questions of stakeholders at all levels inside of a business, and have a proven track record of turning those conversations into successful outcomes.
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative—if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you figure it out and build it for the whole team to use.
- You live for your teammates and care deeply about the team's culture and shared principles, supporting one another every day, treating everyone with respect, and celebrating how each person's unique background, experience and ideas make us all better individually and as a team.
We're building the first product in Financial Compliance that people love using. Creating that joy is only partly achievable through product features – the rest comes from building positive relationships based on listening and empathy with our customers and prospects.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.