Head of Recruiting (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
As Head of Recruiting, you will own our initiatives to build the Hummingbird team. You will play an integral role in building out our team strategy, creating a strong recruiting process, and fostering a smart and inclusive culture. You will own all recruiting, including technical, business operations, and executive hires.
One of the things we love about working on Hummingbird is the chance to celebrate the heroic work of financial crime fighters! Your work will help us do this by building a world-class team.
What you’ll do
- Lead our team building efforts by finding, attracting, and facilitating the interview process for candidates.
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to not just fill the next role, but ensure we’re setting ourselves up to reliably hit headcount goals for the next year.
- Build the Hummingbird employer brand by showcasing our work and company culture, ensuring candidates have a great interview experience, and using social connections to build a positive word-of-mouth around Hummingbird recruiting.
- Ensure that every quarter we are getting more inclusive, more efficient, and more reflective of Hummingbird’s employer brand and values.
- Manage and, as the company grows, scale a team of full-cycle recruiters to deliver excellent performance, develop their recruiting expertise, and facilitate their professional development.
- Provide timely reporting of key metrics and insights to drive decisions and improve processes.
- Consistently generate a healthy pipeline of high quality candidates by driving initiatives across all active and passive sourcing channels.
- Own active job openings.
- 2+ years of recruiting management experience.
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally at growth startups (Series A / B) - in-house experience preferred.
- Experience prioritizing diversity and inclusion in how you fill roles (with the results to show for it).
- Experience sourcing and closing a wide range of profiles (technical, non-technical, jr / senior / exec).
- Experience coaching hiring teams throughout the recruiting process, acting not just as a resource but as a key advisor in the hiring process.
- Experience building out, scaling, and optimizing key recruiting processes.
- Strong opinions loosely held about how best to attract, screen, and sell great talent.
- Experience thriving and prioritizing in a constantly changing environment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.