Head of Customer Success
San Francisco, CA
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
You will lead the Customer Success function at Hummingbird. Hummingbird is used by highly-trained professionals, and we strive to be the central hub for their important work. We are passionate about providing excellent customer service, usable and intuitive tools, and delightful experiences to a profession that has traditionally been unloved.
In this role, you will be responsible for the health of our customer relationships. You will work closely with our product, sales, marketing, and finance teams to establish an extraordinary customer success team. As the first point of contact for our customers, you will gather, synthesize, and distill product feedback and will have a direct influence on our roadmap and prioritization. When you start at Hummingbird, you will contribute as an individual, but you will have the opportunity to build a team for this practice area over time.
What you'll do
- Successfully onboard customers to Hummingbird after handoff from the sales team.
- Lead activities that help our customers engage with our products.
- Gather our customers’ feedback and understand their needs in detail.
- Analyze product use patterns and find opportunities.
- Translate customer needs and objectives into product initiatives, and collaborate with our product team to implement them.
- Measure, track, and report on customer success metrics to identify engagement opportunities and anticipate issues in advance.
- Own financial reporting on customer revenue, churn, and opportunities.
- Build and lead training initiatives including content development, events, and mentoring.
- You believe in great customer services as a core business competency and can demonstrate it.
- You have at least 2 years experience in a customer success role.
- You are familiar with Google Suite, CRM, and communications technologies.
- You have excellent communication and email etiquette.
- You’re a great listener and help people feel heard.
- You are organized, punctual, responsive, and love speaking with people.
- You’ve worked with technology products and know a bit about product management.
- You can synthesize feedback and communicate it to colleagues in a way that helps them understand customer needs.
- You proactively work to create delightful experiences
- You care about the details and have a sense of style in your work
- If a customer is upset, you don’t get rattled or defensive - you help them feel heard and understood.
We're building the first product in Financial Compliance that people love using. Creating that joy is only partly achievable through product features – the rest comes from building positive relationships based on listening and empathy with our customers.