Customer Success Engineer
Hummingbird is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations. We are motivated by the shared mission of fighting financial crime. Our work helps fight terrible crimes like human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels.
We are a customer-obsessed team. We love building and shipping great products. Our customers are financial crime fighters who are often drowning in paperwork and bureaucracy. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
Customer Success Engineers are the bridge between Hummingbird's customers and our product. Customer Success Engineers work alongside Hummingbird's Sales and Customer Success teams to deeply understand customer needs, educate customers on Hummingbird's capabilities, and find ways to ensure our customers are successful in using the product. They are also customer advocates who help define features and set priorities to ensure we support our customers.
The Customer Success Engineering team is new at Hummingbird. As the first member of the team, you will be critical in defining the practice area. We're looking for an inquisitive leverage seeker, builder, and connector who's eager to take on the challenge of building this new team!
What you’ll do
- Bridge customer needs with product capabilities: You’ll work at the intersection of Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success teams to understand customer needs and determine how Hummingbird can meet those needs.
- Provide technical support: As requests, questions, and bug reports come in, you'll work with Customer Success to resolve them. You'll develop a deep understanding of our products and systems to effectively answer questions, fix bugs, and route requests. You'll also take a first pass at debugging issues & making recommendations for better integrations.
- Find ways to increase your impact: You shouldn't be answering the same questions or doing the same rote tasks over and over - you'll build systems, tools, and processes that allow you to avoid repetitive work. When you can't build something alone, you'll find the right people to help.
- Influence the product roadmap: Based on your intimate grasp of customer requirements, you'll identify product gaps and work with the product team to define and implement scalable solutions.
- Work with top financial institutions:You'll develop relationships with engineers, compliance professionals, and product leads at some of the largest, most influential financial institutions and tech companies in the world. You'll also get to see first-hand how they operate.
- Report directly to the CTO: You'll be a pioneer in this new practice area at Hummingbird. Together, we'll solidify the definition of the role and find out how to scale it. As the team grows, you'll have the opportunity to lead it.
- 5+ years of experience as a Customer Success Engineer, or in a related role (Sales Engineer, Technical Account Manager, etc.)
- Deeply empathetic and curious. You enjoy learning about customer workflows and coming up with creative ways to serve them.
- A solid working knowledge of various web technologies. You are at home talking with engineers about software and can readily stitch together technologies to build sophisticated solutions. You're comfortable writing scripts, SQL queries, and API integrations.
- A bias towards action. Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding customer-facing communication skills, including the ability to communicate and build relationships with all levels and audiences -- from compliance analysts to the C-suite, technical and non-technical.
- (Bonus) Experience in the financial sector, especially around compliance or fraud.
- (Bonus) Experience managing and growing a team of Customer Success Engineers.
We're building the first product in Financial Compliance that people love using. Crafting that joy is only partly achievable through product features – the rest comes from building positive relationships based on listening and empathy with our customers and prospects. You'll help us develop those relationships and improve the product based on your understanding of our customer's needs.