Detroit Delivery Hero (Driver)
Hungry Harvest Openings – Logistics
About Hungry Harvest
Hungry Harvest is the nation's leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce. We believe that no produce should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In just 4 years, we've rescued over 10 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 850,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we're just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers, and community; and we’ve got our family’s back.
Recognized by Forbes Magazine, The James Beard Foundation, American Heart Association, Whole30, and featured in Anthony Bourdain's documentary, WASTED! Hungry Harvest is rocking the grocery delivery industry on our mission to eradicate food waste and hunger.
In addition to fighting food waste, we envision a hunger-free Baltimore within the next 10 years. We’re working on a self-sustaining solution to direct affordable produce to food deserts called Produce in a SNAP. We are also leading the charge in preventative health with our fruits and vegetable prescription program, HarvestRx.
Why work for Hungry Harvest?
We’re a passionate, crafty and produce-loving team on a mission to end food waste and hunger in the US. We hold each other accountable, take pride in problem solving, and learn from our mistakes. We value all voices and challenge each other’s perspectives. If you want to join a team that is genuine, driven, passionate, talented, and fun, then look no further.
Delivery Heroes in the Detroit Metro Area:
We recently launched in the area and are looking for individuals to join our team of Delivery Heroes. Routes will be offered on Friday afternoon (2pm load-up) and Saturday mornings (8am load-up). Before each route, you'll meet us at our packing facility in Southwest Detroit, just south of Dearborn!
Great Side Hustle Opportunity:
As a Hero, you'll earn a per stop commission ranging between $2-$10, based upon the density of the route and distance traveled. This typically equals out to around $23-27/hour. Payments are submitted weekly on Fridays via direct deposit.
What you will need:
- To own your own vehicle, preferably a cargo van or vehicle with large cargo space (think mini-van or SUV). Cars are OK too, but the more boxes you can fit, the more you can earn!
- A smart phone
- A bank account to receive direct deposit
- The ability to carry boxes of 10-15lbs
- An outstanding customer-first attitude!
What's in it for you:
- A fun and rewarding opportunity to engage with your community while earning some extra income!
- Money: Drivers earn an average of 57% more per hour than Uber or Lyft.
- Fresh Produce: we typically have extra produce, which is offered to any takers!
- Help the hungry: each box you deliver sends one meal (1-5 lbs of produce) to a hungry individual or family in need. Additionally, through our subsidy model, we provide a low cost option for healthy veggies to schools in areas without great access to healthy food!
- Prevent Food Waste: we source produce from farmer's, wholesalers, packing houses, and retailers that might not get to a consumer for cosmetic or logistical reasons, you will be part of the movement to prevent healthy and delicious produce from going to waste
Hungry Harvest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for and thrive on inclusivity and are committed to creating a diverse workplace with a shared mission of reducing food waste and ending hunger.