Charlotte Delivery Driver
Charlotte, North Carolina /
Hungry Harvest Openings – Logistics /
About Hungry Harvest
Hungry Harvest is the nation's leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce, pantry items and kitchen staples. We believe that no food should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In 6 years, we've rescued over 20 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 1.3 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we're just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers, and community; and we’ve got our family’s back.
Recognized by Forbes Magazine, The James Beard Foundation, American Heart Association, Whole30, and featured in Anthony Bourdain's documentary, WASTED! Hungry Harvest is rocking the grocery delivery industry on our mission to eradicate food waste and hunger.
In addition to fighting food waste, we envision a hunger-free Baltimore within the next 10 years. We’re working on a self-sustaining solution to direct affordable produce to food deserts called Produce in a SNAP. We are also leading the charge in preventative health with our fruits and vegetable prescription program, HarvestRx.
Why work for Hungry Harvest?
We’re a passionate, crafty and produce-loving team on a mission to end food waste and hunger in the US. We hold each other accountable, take pride in problem solving, and learn from our mistakes. We value all voices and challenge each other’s perspectives. If you want to join a team that is genuine, driven, passionate, talented, and fun, then look no further.
Delivery Heroes in the Charlotte Area
We are growing rapidly in the Charlotte market and are looking for hard-working individuals to join our team of Delivery Heroes. Routes are currently offered on Friday mornings where we deliver from our facility in southwest Charlotte to all areas within the metro area.
What we offer:
- Commission based pay that can range from $20-$30+/hr and up to $200/day
- Assignments from 20 to 40 deliveries per day on average with most drivers managing 6-10 deliveries per hour
- Voluntary scheduling reassessed on a weekly basis
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Great opportunity to earn extra money and help fight food waste in your community!
What you will need to succeed:
- A Reliable, Customer-First attitude
- Smart phone
- Checking/Savings account to receive direct deposit
- The ability to carry boxes of 10-15lbs
- A Personal Vehicle with Drivers License and Insurance
- Minimum of 18 years of Age and one year of U.S. driving experience
Hungry Harvest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for and thrive on inclusivity and are committed to creating a diverse workplace with a shared mission of reducing food waste and ending hunger.