Delivery Driver - DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia
Baltimore, Maryland /
Hungry Harvest Openings – Logistics /
Delivery Heroes in the Maryland/Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area
Hungry Harvest has a strong presence in our home here in the DMV region and we're always looking for hard-working individuals to add to our team as we continue to grow. The majority of Maryland, Baltimore City, Northern Virginia and DC Metro deliveries occur on Saturday and Sunday with other opportunities available throughout DMV on Wednesday-Friday. Before each route, you'll meet us at our packing facility in Jessup, MD to load up, typically between the hours of 6am-8am or earlier if desired!
What we offer:
- Competitive pay that can range from $20-$30+/hr and up to $200/day
- Assignments from 20 to up to 80+ deliveries per day with most drivers managing 6-10 deliveries per hour
- Voluntary scheduling reassessed on a weekly basis
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Great opportunity to earn extra money and help fight food waste in your community!
What you will need to succeed:
- A Reliable, Customer-First attitude
- Smart phone
- Checking/Savings account to receive direct deposit
- The ability to carry boxes of 10-15lbs
- A Personal Vehicle with Drivers License and Insurance
- Minimum of 18 years of Age and one year of U.S. driving experience
About Hungry Harvest
Hungry Harvest is the nation's leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce, pantry items and kitchen staples. We believe that no food should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In 6 years, we've rescued over 20 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 1.3 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we're just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers, and community; and we’ve got our family’s back.
Recognized by Forbes Magazine, The James Beard Foundation, American Heart Association, Whole30, and featured in Anthony Bourdain's documentary, WASTED! Hungry Harvest is rocking the grocery delivery industry on our mission to eradicate food waste and hunger.
In addition to fighting food waste, we envision a hunger-free Baltimore within the next 10 years. We’re working on a self-sustaining solution to direct affordable produce to food deserts called Produce in a SNAP. We are also leading the charge in preventative health with our fruits and vegetable prescription program, HarvestRx.