Video Editor / Videographer
HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
HOW THE ROLE WILL DEVELOP
Working closely with a small team, you will be responsible for assisting in developing and growing HYPEBEAST's video platform. Along with shooting video, and editing in outdoor and indoor environments, you will be expected to brainstorm with the team and conceptualize new ideas - overseeing in-house productions and ongoing local video series. In addition to our main online platform and social media channels, video duties will span onto areas involving Hypebeast's sister sites and larger external clients.
This position requires the ability to collaborate with the video producers and autonomously work on video content so that it is delivered in a timely manner. With a focus on Hong Kong, the video editor should also have a conscience on HYPEBEAST's aesthetics/branding and past/current content outside of the local landscape.
- Responsible for updating YouTube channel
- Responsible for maintaining steady flow of content
- Responsible for shooting, editing and assisting in production
- Communicate with other creatives in brainstorming and developing new ideas
- Work with the editorial team while bridging the gap between sales projects and original content
- Must be open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative team.
- 1 – 2 years of experience
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator)
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+)
- Creative, independent, detail-minded
- A team-player able to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules
- Must be open to travel
- Experience with lighting and shooting on DSLRs and other HD cameras