Operations Manager, HBX New York
New York /
HBX (E-Commerce) – Retail /
Established in 2012, HBX is a global e-commerce platform and retail destination carrying over 250
curated brands from both established and up-and-coming menswear, womenswear and lifestyle
labels. HBX focuses on delivering the latest, trend-setting fashion, accessories, shoes, home and
lifestyle goods to its customers, curating a truly global and exciting assortment at the leading edge
of culture. With the HBX e-commerce platform shipping to over 70 markets worldwide, it has one
retail store in Hong Kong and its US-based flagship store in New York at 41 Division Street. HBX
also has a very active digital community on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LINE, WeChat, RED,
Kakao, and more.
HBX is looking for an experienced Operations Manager who will oversee the US retail and e-commerce
logistics operations, reporting to the General Manager, HBX US. The successful candidate will be
responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of products and services to our customers.
This position requires strong e-commerce operations experience as well as retail logistics knowledge.
- Oversee and manage the daily warehouse and e-commerce operations, including order processing, inventory management, and fulfillment processes. Develop and implement strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of operations ongoing
- Ensure that store and omni-channel inbound & outbound orders are received, processed, and fulfilled accurately and on time, and that customer inquiries are responded to promptly and professionally
- Work with the retail and e-commerce cross-functional teams to ensure that our brick & mortar and online store is optimized for conversion and sales
- Manage relationships with third-party logistics providers and negotiate favorable rates and service agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including those related to product safety and transportation.
- Manage a team of e-commerce logistics and stockroom professionals, providing guidance, support, and training as needed.
- Manage digital transfer process through software system to maintain accurate inventory management
- Upload and release product onto US omnichannel, such as uploading ecom photography, product measurement, descriptions, inputting information into the web systems
- Maintain fulfillment SLAs and accurate inventory records of company’s products; analyze inventory levels ongoing to identify potential shortages or excess inventory
- Provide daily updates of shipment tracking, unpacking and stocking in with the team
- Oversee allocation of inventory between Retail and omnichannel to drive overall sales
- Properly order new supplies avoiding excessive surplus or inefficiencies
- Oversee the receiving, storage, and distribution of goods for retail store
- Act as a partner to the front of house retail store team and help on sales floor as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in e-commerce and logistics management, with a track record of delivering results
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce platforms, order management systems, and logistics management software
- Familiarity with transportation regulations and best practices
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and use it to inform decision-making and opportunities for improvement
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN NEW YORK OR EXPERIENCE DOES NOT ALIGN WITH THE POSITION. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OR DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE OR STUDIES FOR THE POSITION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
$70,000 - $80,000 a year
The Operations Manager role salary typically ranges from $70,000 to $80,000, plus discretionary bonus compensation. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience
Personal data collected is for recruitment purpose only.